Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Surf Dogs

This past Saturday was a big event for doggie surfers. It was Loews annual surf dog competition in Imperial Beach and a few of my golden friends participated. Mom and dad went to watch and to cheer on my friends, the Golden SurFURS. While poor me stayed home.

Daddy took a zillion photos of dogs surfing while mom took some videos. Here are a few of the surfurs.

King

Ricochet

Kalani

Missy

Jill


Have you seen five dogs surfing in one surf board? They placed second for the Tandem category.


Kalani won first place in the big dog category. She got the best prize. A bag made of paper. I would have shred that bag in no time.


Short clip of the goldens in action.




9 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

We are sorry you couldn't go, Meeka! It looked like it was a great day though!

Sam

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Dawg, that looks like an awesome good time. Next time make your pawrents take you with 'em!!

AROOOOF!
Boondocks and Kudzu

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We saw that on the news...or at least we saw a dog surfing competition held somewhere.

Maybe next year your leg will be fit enough for you to take part!

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Droopy, Smiley, and Kayah said...

Too bad you weren't allowed to hang 8 but recovering is very important. We had heard about the surfing doggie competition and how cool that your humans actually got to see it!

Maybe you'll be able to whoop some surfin dog booty next year!

Slobbers,
The CheeseHounds

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! COOL! Sue's dog Kona(another doggie blogger)also participated in the event. I'm sad for you that you were not able to go. For sure it was a lot of FUN FUN FUN. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Wrigley said...

That may be the coolest thing I have ever seen. Who knew dogs could surf! I am sorry you had to miss the event - I hope you are feeling better.

Wags N Kisses,
Wrigley

Amber-Mae said...

WOW those dogs really can surf! How COOL is that? I wish I could do that too but I think I would have problems balancing on that surf.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

They really do make it look so easy, don't they??

Thor and Jack said...

That looks so cool, Meeka! Hope you can go with them next time!

Thor and Jack